So, I’ve put together the top 6 steps you can take to set your goals and accomplish them. Also to help you out, I have created a Goal Setting and Action Plan worksheet, which is completely FREE to download.
According to a study at Harvard, only 3% of people actually write down their goals. And of those 3%, they make twice as much money.
I bet you can guess what my first tip is.
- Write it down! It doesn’t matter how you write them down, but many experts say that handwriting is the best method because it resonates with your subconscious better. So, write that shit down.
- Make sure your goals are SMART! If you’ve never heard of smart goals, I’ll recap real quick S is for Specific. Ensure you know who, what, when, where, why and the how of your goals. M is for Measurable, that is can you track the progress of the goal. A is for Attainable, is this goal something you have control over? Is it something where you can be an impact? R is for Relevant, ask yourself if the goal is worthwhile and if it matches your other goals. For example, if you want to own a retail store in Florida, is it really a good idea to move to California? T is for Timely. When do you want to achieve the goal? Set a deadline for yourself so you’re not letting your goals fall to the wayside.
- Surround yourself around the right people! If you’re wanting to achieve success but you’re still partying on the weekends. You may want to reconsider who you’re hanging around. Don’t view this as a negative. Instead consider this, how we spend our time determines where we will end up in a year from now. If you’re not accomplishing what you want in life it may be time to reconsider how you’re spending your time and who you’re hanging around.
- Know you’re worthy of your goals! You can plan your goals, but if you don’t believe you’re worthy of them you’ll never achieve them. Hear me when I tell you, you are worthy of your goals. If you want to make a better life for yourself, it is absolutely achievable. But, you have to know your worth. This means not letting people treat you less than you deserve to be treated, not letting your past follow you into your future, and Stopping the negative self-talk.
- Be aware of the milestones you need to achieve to reach your goals! A goal is all about bridging the gap between who you are today and the person you want to become. In between lies the milestones. So, break down your larger goals into bite size chunks, such as every day, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Create a long-term action plan! An action plan is a step-by-step plan considering all of the factors that it’ll take to get you to your goal. This is for anyone wanting to achieve anything big in life, whether it is getting out of debt, achieving a degree, climbing the corporate ladder, or starting a business, you need an action plan for every part of that goal.
For those of you who want to achieve BIG goals in 2019, my next blog will help by walking you through creating an action plan for your 5, 3, and 1-year goals. Now go out there and make shit happen!